First of all, thank you for your concern and your strength. There are a lot of things you can do to help Luke. We will try to list a few of them but there may be other things you can think of that we can’t!
1. Luke needs money— for legal fees, vegan food, telephone calls, stamps, writing material, and other living expenses. If you are able to help out Luke financially, please donate here. Thank you so much for your generosity.
2. Ask the judge to remove the condition of banishment from Luke’s probation by sending him a postcard like the one below. You can download the postcard, print, sign, and mail it; or you can handwrite the message below on your own postcard or in your own letter.
3. If you are a witness, please contact us.
Although Luke has already been sentenced, testimonies from witnesses can still be helpful for media coverage of his story. Such testimonies may also be of interest when Luke is on probation. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can put you in touch with Luke’s lawyer.
4. Please write Luke. Prison is an incredibly isolating and alienating environment. One of the most powerful things that we can do for Luke now is to correspond with him and keep him connected with the outside world. As of September 19, Luke has been transferred to his permanent facility at Washington State Prison in Davisboro, GA. His address is:
Luke Patrick O’Donovan
Washington State Prison
P.O. Box 206
Davisboro, GA 31018
If you’ve never written someone in prison before, you should check out these tips.
– Regarding books and packages: Luke is pretty limited as far as receiving packages goes. We are able to send him packages periodically through an inmate package service, but this service is only available to those on Luke’s visitation list. Donating money to the PayPal account helps us get these packages to Luke which can contain clothing, cds, and other items he wants or needs. While Luke can receive books, he has asked us to help control the flow of books coming in as he is currently limited to having a maximum of eight books at a time. If you are interested in sending a book to Luke, please send us an email and we will help you. Please remember that nothing other than letters can be directly mailed to Luke’s address. Thank you!
The following video was recorded in the event that Luke went to prison, and details things Luke would like to be written about:
5. A lot of people have been doing their part to spread the word and that’s been really incredible. Please continue spreading the word to people you know through whatever means you have.
If you’d like to receive occasional announcements and updates about Luke’s case and his incarceration in your email, you can subscribe to the Support Luke email newsletter. This is an infrequent, announcements-only list hosted by riseup mail, and anyone with any email provider can subscribe.
To subscribe to the list, simply send a blank email to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the list, email email@example.com.